Pecorino Cheese in walnuts leaves

In my resent trip to Umbria, Chiara the owner of a wonderful Farm in the middle of the Umbrian hills almost bordered with Tuscany show me how they make this cheese of course I could only see the final result. A wonderful cheese named "Pecorino stagionato" with an incredible flavor, I were so lucky to be able to see when she pull it out from the underground yes underground!!!! where they save this cheese for 90 days for maturation, as with other cheeses, refining with natural plant substances is a very ancient practice. This cheese, in particular, respects the tradition of maturation, which takes place by wrapping the forms in walnut leaves.

I couldn't resist take a picture of this piece of awesomeness and I can't describe the aroma full of tradition and great and unique flavors.  My journey couldn't be better enjoying great food and fantastic wines with great company Chiara and her family and friends were so kind with me I felt like home. Can't wait to go back with my friends to do some food styling shoots. 















You can visit this amazing place though NOSTRALE 





Comments

  1. Nice Information! I personally really appreciate your article. This is a great website. I will make sure that I stop back again!.
    international wedding photography

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment Peter you're very welcome. My goal is make sure everyone know more about the 'real" Italian culture.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts